Saturday, August 27, 2011

Kick off to the School Year

I cannot believe that my first born is in first grade!! After much anticipation and quite a few tears over the summer, the first day of school has arrived. Just in time, I might add. Don't get me wrong I absolutely love being with my children, however, I was OVER trying to 'entertain' them every hour of every day. Anyway, cool story.....All summer Sarah Grace had been praying to get this specific teacher. We will call her Ms. B. She only wanted her because she was right next door to her K5 teacher. I told her that was great to pray for her but, the Lord may have another teacher picked out especially for her. So, the list comes out and she did not get Ms. B. Here come the tears:( She was a bit disappointed. The good news was that her best friend Emma was going to be in her class (an answer to my prayer)! She was nervous and not happy about going back to school. There were some tears that first morning, but when I picked her up she told me that she had the best day ever! Yay! Praise God! A couple of days ago her teacher emails me and tells me she adopted from China in 2005! WOW!! It brought tears to my eyes. I got to explain to SG that God always knows better than us and THIS was the reason that Ms. Westray was her teacher. Anyway this was a huge deal to me. Most likely SG will still be in her class when we travel, I HOPE! Ms. Westray will understand everything our family is going through and nurture SG accordingly. God is so good!!!!!
On another note, she started soccer this week. Although, it was 100 degrees she had a blast. I hope this sticks because I believe she has the ability. I look forward to going to her practices and games.
To say it has been a busy two weeks is a understatement! But I love it!

One more thing...Most of you know that my brother's house caught fire last week. The insurance company called it a total loss. This has been very sad and overwhelming, but we have all seen the hand of God at work through so many people. Please pray for them during this difficult time and pray that as they rebuild there home that Christ would be their foundation.

First Day of School

Fun with my buddy while sister is at school:)



No comments:

Post a Comment