Sunday, March 4, 2012

Quick update

Well, sorry I am little late in posting this, but we made it to Guangzhou on Saturday after noon. Navigating through the train staiton once we got to guangzhou was quite stressful, because there was a miscommunication and our guide was nowhere to be found. Thank goodness our friends from b'ham, Derek and Rushton were with us. Derek and Stephen managed to track down a couple of taxis to get us to our hotel. This city is very different from Hong Kong. The smog is heavy and the drivers are worse than New York. There was definitely a feeling of 'we're not in Kansas anymore, toto'! Our hotel is absolutely beautiful and very accomodating. Once we got to our room they had a crib set up with a gift basket of baby stuff in it. I still cannot believe we are here! The time has almost come. It is 1:30am here and I am sleepless. My wheels are turning in my head, anticipating what is to come. Please continue to pray for Hannah, as this is her last night in the only place she has ever known. We were told that she is shy and does not like strangers, but that she loves to be around little kids. I must admit there have been a couple of moments where I was thinking 'now why did we bring our kids?', but after hearing her tell us that, now I know. Sarah Grace and Jacob a SUPER excited! We noticed that in every picture we had of Hannah she was always with her nanny. I am sure that the initial pass off will be so scary for her:(. Please pray that she will allow us to comfort her. The big moment will be at 2:30 this (Monday) afternoon. 12:30am your time. There are 6 other families getting there children at that same time. 3 of them are friends from my adoption coffee group back home. It has been really fun being here with them. Praise God for allowing us to be here together! I believe we will be leaning in each other quite a bit. How awesome that our girls will know some familiar faces once we get home. Well I am going to try and get some sleep.....BIG day ahead!
I am blogging on our iPad which is not letting me upload any photos (any ideas on how?), so I am just going to post our pics on Facebook if or until I can figure it out.
Will post again after Gotcha Day:)
Love,
Kim

5 comments:

  1. Praying you get some sleep and for tomorrow! I am overwhelmed with joy for you so I can't even imagine how you are feeling! Can't wait to talk soon and see pics of y'all with Hannah! Love you friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's hard to read that without tearing up! I can't imagine the emotions you must be feeling- I will be praying tonight (our time) for that precious moment when you get to meet your daughter...and for Hannah, that she will adjust quickly and as smoothly as is possible. I can't wait to meet her and hear all about the trip!
    Thank you for taking the time to keep us updated and join your family on this amazing journey!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an incredible journey for your family, Kim! Hannah is one lucky little girl! : ) Praying specifically for a smooth transition!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kim, I blogged on my iPad using the blogpress app. Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So excited for you right now! I woke up this morning praying for your sweet family. In tears just reading and thinking about this long awaited day! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete